laminated ribs

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 07:34:30 MST 2006

Ron
  Forgive my 50 ish year old brain densification but are  you saying here
that the stiffer you make the board the harder the requirements  are for the
hammer.  If so I'm confused.  I remember Del saying this  type of board can't
tolerate hard hammers & that he was having troulbe at  one point with even the
"softest" of hammers giving voicing difficulties.
  My contention has been that the stiffer the belly  system the stiffer the
hammer requirements.
  Perhaps it was your particular brand of english that  got me twisted. Grin.
   Dale

what it  will teach me through the project. I'm making the
ribs (therefor the  assembly) generally stiffer, and adjusting
the remaining crown up. The  postmortem has indicated that the
result is a greater tolerance, but not a  requirement of harder
hammers. This connects, to me, with the very high  spring rate
of a new CC or RCPS board and it's need, not tolerance, for
harder hammers.