Insta-coiler

pianotune05 at comcast.net pianotune05 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 29 10:15:16 MST 2006

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the note.  Things were definitly ready shop etc.  He thougth teaching me on the coiler would be less visually challanging than making one by hand.  I wouldn't have contacted him for learning if he was't listed in the PTG guild info packet.  He's a great RPT, knows his stuff inside and out.  He taught another vision impaired guy as well who also struggled with stringing for a while. I guess this as I'm told is one of the most challanging aspects for vision impaired folks.
Marshall  Gisondi
574-360-6783
pianotune05 at comcast.net

From: "Joseph Garrett" <joegarrett at earthlink.net>

Marshall said, "We tried placeing the tuning lever where the diagram mentinos, and when you
turn it, the entire tool turns, handle, sleeve etc. I treid to hold the
handle in one place as I turned the lever, and man it was like cranking an
old modle T. Now I know what they menat when they said that a person could
break their arm. Man I didn't feel as if I were going to break my arm, but
it was like doing isometric excersizes pushing my hands together nothing
budging. My poor instructor grabbed that lever with two hands and had to
crank hard to get it to move while trying to keep the handle of the insta
coiler stlil. We're both really strong guys but had a tough time with this
thing, not sure why. so we tried it without putting the tuning lever on top
of the coiler,on top meaning connecting the tip to the top of the coiler.
it's a pain trying to grab that little handle of the coiler. Plus the becket
kept coming loose from the groove of the coiler and it would get loose and
wobbly."

Marshall,
Sheesh! All that screwing around, when you could just be taught the Olde-fashioned, time proven way and be done with it. Also, if I had an instructor that couldn't have things READY for the student, I'd dump him/her in a N.Y. second! Still think you need to go to an accredited school and quit with this shotgun learning!

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I