Question

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 30 13:24:16 MST 2006

The concept of RC&S is really quite simple. The ribs are all arcs with the
convex side toward the strings and the ribs support all the downbearing
load. That's about it.

Now the head-scratching part comes when you try to decide how many ribs, how
long, how tall, how wide, how to taper, panel grain angle, panel thickness,
string scale, etc., etc.

My present solution for answering all the above questions is to email Del
Fandrich, send him drawings, pictures, and specs, wait for redesigned
drawings and specs, and then write him check. Works quite well actually.

Someday, hopefully within my lifetime, I'll have the knowledge to make some
of these decisions myself (with favorable results).

Terry Farrell