center pin lube

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 31 05:53:36 MST 2006

    Hi Julia:  You're going to get a TON of responses to your question.  Let me add my .02 to the forthcoming flood.  I use a mixture made up of 1 part liquid silicone to 7 parts naptha.  This formula was published by Baldwin in their service literature years ago.  I get the silicone by inverting a can of silicone spray to exhaust the gas, then punching a hole and pouring it out.  Naptha is easily available at home centers, hardware and paint stores.  The naptha shrinks the bushing and as it evaporates it leaves behind the silicone as a lubricant.  In 20 years of use I find it equal or better than P___tek or G____J____ (sorry Joe) and a LOT less expensive.
    Mike Kurta