hammer hardener

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri Mar 31 13:24:55 MST 2006

Hardware stores sell acetone.
I usually buy it by the litre/quart.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: KeyKat88 at aol.com
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 3:44 PM
  Subject: hammer hardener

  greetings

          Well, to continue the "Lady with the Samick" saga there are 2 hammers that the ironing and pounding didnt bring up the tone 'bright' enough for her. So now I am looking at hammer hardner, I hate to use the acetone on only two, and I never used it before (never ran into this peroblem before)

           What about the Schaff FORD hammer hardner. Is it any good? How about the brite tone? I bet the Brite tone is acetone. BTW Where does one obtain acetone. My first mind's idea is to buy a bottle as nail polish remover.

  Julia Gottshall
  Reading, PA