Pianotech Digest, Vol 1273, Issue 171

Anson Kao anson.kao at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:44:05 MST 2006

 Thanks all!

Richard, thanks a bunch for the link, I will be paying them a visit!
Terry, I have been thinking along the lines of what you've said.  In this
particular situation, the piano is definitely not worth a full replacement
for the string, not to mention the "sore thumb" effect of a new string.
About the repair being difficult for a newbie, well I would like to learn,
and isn't there always a first time?

With regards to why the string broke and if I could have prevented it, I've
realized that I'll probably only know with experience.  For now I'll worry
about fixing these strings.

Thanks again!
Anson