ratio of mineral oil to naptha

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon May 1 19:14:14 MDT 2006

Julia asked: "Again, what is the ratio fo mineral oil to naptha for a centerpin
lubricant? ...4 to 1 which way? what is best to store it in?"

Julia,
I strongly suggest you do not use that!!! It will gum up an action DAMHIK! The use of lubes, in actions, should be curtailed. Although proteck and goose juice have their places, the action will be best when all the flanges are properly pinned and are dry!
That's an olde formula that I used to use. It came back to bite me in the toosh, so take my advice and don't use it. If you HAVE to lube something use the proven ones. For trapwork, (which works far better dry), I use VJ lube or dirivitives thereof.
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I