Yamaha C3 vs. Petrof III

Bec and John Silva bjsilva001 at comcast.net
Tue May 2 18:23:59 MDT 2006

Hi,

I will be travelling and will need to hire a piano for practise and
the options are basically a Yamaha C3 or a Petrof III. I had
initially decided on the Petrof because it is a bit larger and I've
never been a big fan of Yamaha pianos (though I performed on an S4
which was quite nice).

But I've been reading comments about the Petrof action on this list
and the web and now I'm concerned. Ric Brekne suggested replacing
various overly-soft felt, some of which I would feel comfortable
doing without informing the dealer - such as the front punchings
(since I can just put back the originals).

But really, since this will be my practise instrument, I can't have
it feeling particularly weird.

Any thoughts. Thanks!

- John