Howard pianos?

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Tue May 2 19:18:19 MDT 2006

Howard was an old organ and piano company that was bought by, or otherwise
assimilated (resistance being fu-tile) by Baldwin. They used to build the
Howards, probably as  lower price-points, but I don't know if they still
do. I rebuilt a rather nice 1906 Howard upright for a local Bed & Breakfast
a few years ago. I don't know if or when they quite using the name, but I
know there are a lot of small Howard baby grands floating about, in the
Midwest anyway.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri