Business climate

pianotune05 pianotune05 at comcast.net
Wed May 3 08:08:17 MDT 2006

I think business climate does hold some validity.  Of course, climate could vary from place to place, but I agree, pressing on is the key.

As for those of us who are out there starting up, I think the climate can be affected by numerous factors.  That's why I said before that my area is saturated.  I think business climate can be affected by a person's individual situation ie. poor transit system, being new and slower than other tuners etc.  However, one can overcome these factors to a certain degree however, I do believe that in order to thrive at any business one must look at his or her individual situation and make the proper adjustments in order to thrive and succeed.  In my case with only one piano store in the area and a bus system that's limitted, I'd do better in an area with a better transit system and more piano opportunity.  So for me, my area is too saturated.  For the guy who's been here for 30 plus years who would say, "Our area isn't saturated," doesn't make sense. It reflects his individual situation.

Business climate then is often relative rather than set in stone, and pressing on is the only way we have in order to determine if we're working in a good or bad climate.
Marshall