Steingraeber factory pictures, bridge agraffes & adjustable vertical hitchpins

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed May 3 19:16:15 MDT 2006

Hi Calin

I almost included this in my last post, but seemed to remember upon my
initial reading of your experiement that it did not really bear on the
agraffe discussion. I just had another gander at your experiement and
dont see the direct connection.  Your experiment deals with the duplex
and counterbearing angle questions and its conclusions agree (not
suprisingly)  perfectly with Ed McMorrows  "de-tuned" duplex idea
published some 15 years ago now I think.

Cheers
RicB

I have a feeling that everybody is making things much more complicated than
they really are, about the way bridge agraffes work.
I have no scientific measurements or formulas to back my own simple
explanation, just a few experiments and the fact that bridge agraffes
performed pretty much the same way I had imagined before I had a chance to
hear one for real.

Calin Tantareanu