Ethics question

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Thu May 4 16:01:19 MDT 2006

I lost who started this thread but thank you for opening the discussion. I
think most of us have had similar situations, we just weren't open enough to
bare our soles to the internet. Here's my solution.
Call or write the client, Explain that upon review of the event you are
concerned that they might perceive your actions as something less than
ethical, of course at the time you felt you acted properly. The very
possibility, however, that your integrity would be questioned is the worst
thing that could possibly happen. Your entire livelihood is worth so much
more than any one job or piano. You would very much like to hear from them
on this matter and do what ever you can to make sure they are happy with
your service. And, by way of thanking them in advance for taking the time
out of their busy schedule to talk to you about this you would like to
provide a free tuning service on their new piano. Then, take it from there,
hopefully they got a great piano and you can sweeten the deal by making it
sing.
Just my 50 MPG Prius worth.
Fenton