Steingraeber factory pictures, bridge agraffes & adjustable vertical hitc...

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu May 4 19:50:47 MDT 2006

Ron
   Yes, so right. A person building a system like this to my  mind is simply
not accepting the concept the sound boards & strings are  counter opposing
springs that move air more effceintly when made in  this fashion.  I've reported
on nicely crowned boards with 0/zero  bearing that sounded very dull and
boring.  A dreadful attack &  immediate sustain loss.
  It's like spending big bucks on th right gun/ammo etc. then going  hunting
but shooting yourself in the foot.
  Dale

Soundboard designers
always have, and still do have the option of  designing zero
bearing soundboard's with absolutely no detectable penalty  in
string to bridge coupling with conventional pinning.

Ron  N