ptbiz

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun May 7 12:45:31 MDT 2006

> Yes it can be changed--but it would require the recipient to wade thru all
> the spam messages to do so--which kind of defeats the reason for blocking
> the spam in the first place.

As usual, nothing is quite that simple. Cox has recently
activated a spam filter, as a "free" but unsolicited service,
and I am now seeing replies to messages that never made it to
my In box. I haven't been able to access my account on line,
because the system doesn't acknowledge my username and/or
password, so I can neither turn it off, nor see any real
messages that have been mistakenly flagged as spam. So, I'm
now privileged, for the forth time, to go to their offices and
stand in line with proof of identity to try to learn what they
have arbitrarily changed my username and password to from the
last time I had to do this. Thunderbird has a nice trainable
spam filter, and an easily accessed Junk folder where I can
periodically scan for mistakes quickly and easily without
standing in line and wasting an hour - again. That's the
difference between convenience and incompetence disguised as
convenience.

Always one more thing, like I don't already have enough to do
trying to manage my own stupidity...
Ron N