varnish soundboard

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon May 8 19:37:51 MDT 2006

I... don't think they do.  Too much dust in the  finish is a huge proble as
it dries really slow.  If you can provide a dust  free enviroment then go fo it
...it's beautiful.  Try Shellac as a sealer  then Lac sanding sealer & lac.
top coats. It's is an easy nice looking  finish.
  Dale

Ed
The shellac, a 2 pound cut, will give you a nice seal coat for  your varnish.
If I'm not mistaken, Steinway still varnishes their  boards.