Stripping Question

Lhadeh at wmconnect.com Lhadeh at wmconnect.com
Wed May 10 07:14:38 MDT 2006

I'm more than a little surprised at the derisive comments to my previous post
on this subject.  All I will say in response is a tool in one man's hands
will help him build, in another man's hands will cause him to destroy.

The start of this was my observation that the pianos being imported from Asia
have exquisite finishes.  Like many of you, I don't particularly like the
thick plastic look, but disregarding that issue, it is a fact that other pianos
look dowdy (finish-wise) in comparison, especially rebuilt and refinished ones
in the stores I have visited.  I am also convinced that many, if not most, of
these other pianos are the better quality instruments and a better value in
the long run.

My objective in my work is to provide an instrument that a prospective
customer will choose over the competition and know that it was the best choice.  So
I have spent considerable effort to develop methods for my home workshop
environment that results in a product that compares or exceeds my Asian competition
in the finish area at a reasonable cost.  This is one of several ideas that
help me reach that goal.  I am completely serious about this and thought
perhaps I could share this, as others have shared to my benefit.

Unfortunately, I have somehow stepped over a line that I don't quite
understand.  So, I'm "taking the hint" and will quietly go back to work.

Thank You,
Loren Hedahl