Stripping Question

pianotune05 at comcast.net pianotune05 at comcast.net
Wed May 10 07:40:32 MDT 2006

Hi Loren,
Don't let anyone on this list bother you.  As I've heard it said, keep the chicken and throw away the bones.  Appreciate your ability and skills.  Learn as much as you can from those who are kind and helpful and simply ignore anyone else who desires to blow steam and hot air in your direction.  I look at it this way.  Everyone has issues they have or have not dealt with in life, and at times these issues are triggered by a person's own frustration etc.  When you go back to work, go back proud of your ability and take the helpful advice with you and leave the flack and needless chatter that others give you which breads negitivity behind.
Marshall

From: Lhadeh at wmconnect.com
I'm more than a little surprised at the derisive comments to my previous post on this subject.  All I will say in response is a tool in one man's hands will help him build, in another man's hands will cause him to destroy.

The start of this was my observation that the pianos being imported from Asia have exquisite finishes.  Like many of you, I don't particularly like the thick plastic look, but disregarding that issue, it is a fact that other pianos look dowdy (finish-wise) in comparison, especially rebuilt and refinished ones in the stores I have visited.  I am also convinced that many, if not most, of these other pianos are the better quality instruments and a better value in the long run.

My objective in my work is to provide an instrument that a prospective customer will choose over the competition and know that it was the best choice.  So I have spent considerable effort to develop methods for my home workshop environment that results in a product that compares or exceeds my Asian competition in the finish area at a reasonable cost.  This is one of several ideas that help me reach that goal.  I am completely serious about this and thought perhaps I could share this, as others have shared to my benefit.

Unfortunately, I have somehow stepped over a line that I don't quite understand.  So, I'm "taking the hint" and will quietly go back to work.

Thank You,
Loren Hedahl