CA glue pinblock damage?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu May 11 04:13:42 MDT 2006

At 11:33 PM 5/10/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/9/2006 9:49:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>fmurray at cruzio.com writes:
>CA or other treatments
>are simply a 5 min bandaid to postpone a 2 month rebuild.
>
>CA can be a long term fix!  The first block I CA'd was 15 years ago and it
>is doing fine.
>
>Randy Mangus
>Mangus Piano Service
>140 Atkinson Ave.
>Wheeling, WV 26003

That's really a good thing to know.  Until now I've had to claim that the
jury was still out when a customer asks how long the bandaid will hold.  I
think that 15yrs would qualify as long term.

Of course, as with everything pianoistically speaking, YMMV.

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.