HELP!! QRS "grand damper rail" install. nightmare

Noel Kaufmann noel444 at access4less.net
Fri May 12 08:58:04 MDT 2006

Just that.

Any experience anyone?  Any success?  I talked to the tech guy at QRS and of course he never installed one.

Though it's basically a simple design, there are a number of challenges on this thing; and for me anyway, it's especially the actual sizing/placing of the felt mute.  (E.g. action is out for this part, but how to confirm it will work where placed, without a thousand re-placements)  I spent three hours all-told last week, and could use a tip/technique/tool idea(?)  for the rest of the work...

'Love to hear back from someone in the know, to correspond on the nuances.  I have to get back out to customer's house next Wednesday!

At any rate, when I'm eventually done (dealer's cost : )   )  I could make suggestions for others.  Like, don't recommend one (I actually told the customer, before being able to get out to his house, that in the meantime he could experiment with a couple scarves on the strings... He thought I was kidding, but I wasn't, and still amn't.  Of course, this is the customer who doesn't play much at all but who doesn't like the tone of C88.  Oy.

[Sorry, no photos at this time -- maybe when I go back; or not.]

Noel Kaufmann, RPT
Santa Fe, NM