Veneerial Disease

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Fri May 12 18:01:30 MDT 2006

I am rebuilding a nice old Jesse French upright for my own living room. Veneer is cracked and pieces missing from the curved tops of the arms and from the toes. (The liver and spleen seem okay, though).

What is a recommended source for wide, 2 or 3 inch, veneer strips?

My piano, under the cracked old finish is a beautiful red mahogany -- I THINK -- and I'm wondering how to choose the veneer type and how to match the staining. Hints and ideas most welcome!

Thanks,

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri