Apology Was Re: FAZIOLI

william ballard yardbird at vermontel.net
Fri May 12 22:15:46 MDT 2006

On May 12, 2006, at 6:26 PM, John M. Formsma wrote:
> Bill,
> I must confess I haven't the slightest idea what you are trying to
> convey.
> But, please, my dear sir, won't you at least properly quote me?

My apologies. It was a slip of the mouse which extended the actual
quote from you, through my first paragraph. It should have read:

> On May 12, 2006, at 11:58 AM, John M. Formsma wrote:
>> It used to be an unspoken rule that when ladies were present, no
>> profanity whatsoever was uttered. Nowadays, sadly, even females
>> are using as much or more profanity than men.
>
> Think of the poor children whose sweet childhoods would be brought
> to swift end should one of these "alleged" ladies show the same
> disregard for proper and respectful language in front of the little
> dears, as they do in our  midst.
>
>> Where are all the gentlemen and ladies nowadays?????

You may have been serious in your remark above, but several others
weren't at this point in the thread. And I was amazed that poor
Barbara was being called on the carpet for repeating (mind you, not
initiating) the word "BS". And the same person who spelled this word
out first in this thread was also the one who just the night before
was telling us be-sure-not-to-miss the BeeEss broadcast.

I was having a hard time taking this thread seriously, and I did what
any jazz duffer would do when he hears an interesting riff over one
shoulder, he improvises on it ("family values and all).

Yes, there are trash-mouths on this list, and they can be found by
searching the mailbox for dirty words. And the trash-mind doesn't
need a dirty word to make itself known either.

Again, John, I apologize for not being careful with my quotations.
Those who know my sense of humor may have enjoyed this fly-off-the-
handle. But everyone is free to think what they want of it.

Bill Ballard

"All God's Children got Rhythm"
     ...........Ivy Anderson in "A Day at the Races"