Say what!!!--True Story

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sat May 13 16:26:30 MDT 2006

At 14:38 5/13/2006, you wrote:
>This really has no place for this list. What does it contribute to the art?
>
>R. Bergantino, RPT
>Willoughby Hills, Ohio

It shows the difference between hearing and listening.

I tell some of my customers that they (most of them, anyway) can hear
just what I do when I am tuning their piano.   Sometimes I teach them
how to hear a Maj.3rd beating.  When they hear it, I tell them that
they are now _listening_ to the piano, not just hearing it.

Dire consequences can ensue when you think you are listening but just
hearing...   like saying "yes, dear" after a not-quite-listened-to
utterence of a significant other.

Conrad Hoffsommer
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.