Buzz bonanza

Noel Kaufmann noel444 at access4less.net
Mon May 15 10:14:13 MDT 2006

Okay wizards ; )

Kawai GE-1, you know with the plastic action, develops zingy/buzzy notes in midrange quite suddenly.  First time at customer's house, but he said it only started a couple weeks.ago.  After investigating thoroughly above and below, and tightening many screws and experimenting (come to think of it, I didn't check the wippen flanges, doh!?) I decided it was the frontward bridge pins vaguely loosening on maybe 6 or 8 notes.     (This is New Mexico (Santa Fe area) so VERY dry most of the time)

Anywho, CA-gluing the pins carefully where slight cracks appeared around them was my best educated effort.  Didn't help though.

Any thoughts for the famous mystery zing?  I checked for surrounding sympathetic zing effects; it's definitely in the piano and I think the bridge.

Probably left stuff out but thought I'd get the conjectures launched... : )

Noel Kaufmann, RPT still unrevoked