FAZIOLI on the radio in .... And my personal experience....

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon May 15 14:51:45 MDT 2006

Hello Bruce,

I have played that piano, and it is a wonderful instrument. I was able to play with articulation far beyond my usual abilities.  I have never played another instrument like it.

I was also called in to examine a Fazioli that was not playing very well, due to excessive friction. The owner was a well-off amateur, in love with his expensive instrument, in love with his belief that he had bargained the dealer down 20%, and in love with the stories of Maestro Fazioli personally selecting the soundboards from the "Stradivari Forest."  So far as I know, he has not had the friction problem corrected.

That's the way it is, getting rich people to buy piano furniture.  Good practice letting go of anger.

Ed Sutton