FAZIOLI on the radio in .... And my personal experience....

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon May 15 15:55:06 MDT 2006

Bruce-

The piano prof. at Central College and I have a mutual friend.  We were passing through on a trip.  The College, and professor, have wonderful instrument collections.

The other Fazioli had tight key bushings and (maybe) tight flange bushings, probably humidity induced.  My impression was that with a few hours work it would have been spectacular.   The technician in charge called me in for a supporting opinion, since the owner could not accept the idea that his Fazioli was anything less than perfect.  The owner called the dealer who sent a salesman to lather him up with Fazioli stories, and so far as I know, nothing was done to improve the piano.

(This dealer is not our North Carolina dealer, by the way, who is a fine piano technician.  Chances are this customer first tried Faziolis in North Carolina, then did a web search for his bargain dealer.)

By the way, I have nice customers, some of whom give me carte blanche to do whatever I can to make their pianos as fine as possible.  It makes work delightful.

Ed