DC unit abuse

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon May 15 16:18:10 MDT 2006

David,

Here's one statement from DC on their website about the requirement for a
humidistat:
http://dampp-chaser.com/pianotechweb/Catalog/Catalog_pg10.pdf

You may need to login to the Piano Tech "only" area to view it.

What wattage was the heater bar?

I still chase down rumors about the system cooking a piano when the water
ran out.  In West Virginia, I pulled a lot of old silver 25W bars out of
pianos.  No humidistat, and most weren't plugged in, either.  We need to
spread the knowledge about the Smart Heater Bar and the undercover.
(Actually, the undercover isn't mentioned on their website yet...)

--Cy--
SHUSTERpiano.com