Denatured vs ethanol alcohol

John Delmore jodel at kairos.net
Tue May 16 08:49:32 MDT 2006

I'm currently a chemist in the liquor industry.  I have done a lot of gas
chromatography on all sorts of distilled spirits, and can unequivocally
state that they ALL contain things you don't want to be adding to, say, a
bushing.  I don't care how "pure" the spirit claims to be.  They all do it.
They add things like glycerol and citric acid to vodka.  Everclear, as I
mentioned, contains a citrus flavorant.  Not trying to say something doesn't
work for people, just adding my scientific two cents.  I'm gonna stick with
denatured alcohol Formula Nos. 3-A, or 3-C (methanol and isopropanol
denaturants, respectively-don't use No. 3-B, it contains pine tar!)
John

  _____