tuning pin bushing geometry

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue May 16 20:27:16 MDT 2006

I think the article had to do with the design being that the pin was
intended to lean against the plate, not intended to avoid it.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net

Dale wrote:
Dittos. Good suggestion.  I do this to many plates.
Especially Steinway to prevent the pins from possibly
leaning into the plate hole itself.
  Dale

Del wrote:
A good case can be made that this was intentional. I
wrote a blurb on this for the Journal several years
back. Complete with the geometry.
 Del