Stupid newbee!!! Stupid! Stupid!

Samuel Choy sam at scpianoservice.com
Sat May 20 09:09:11 MDT 2006

Ok, I know this was a stupid thing to do and I'm glad that it was on my piano and not on someone else's.

The plate bushings looked horrible, so I decided to drill them out and replace them. On one, though, I drilled too far and went about 1/2 inch into the pin block. After that happened, removed the pin block and wished there was a way to kick myself before I continued.

So now I have to figure out what to do about this oversize hole I made where the pin should go. I'm hoping that the block isn't ruined, because the rest of it looks like it's in really good shape.

I'm thinking about gluing a plate bushing in the large hole. That's the only thing I can think of right now. Any ideas?

Please don't yell at me, I yelled at myself already.

Sam Choy