Stupid newbee!!! Stupid! Stupid!

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Sat May 20 11:07:08 MDT 2006

In a message dated 5/20/06 12:28:26 PM, sam at scpianoservice.com writes:

> The plate bushings looked horrible, so I decided to drill them out and
> replace them.

Sam;
 The damage to the pinblock is not terminal or even hard to repair...first
thing though plate bushings shouldn't be drilled out when the plate is over the
block....when the plate is off the block they can just be knocked through the
plate with a dowel...when installed over the plate the bushings can be removed
by using a small screwdriver and cracking one side of the bushing allowing it
to be removed from he plate.

 As for repairing the block when the plate is reinstalled........ drill a 3/8
dia. hole in the block a little deeper then the hole you already
have.......cut a 3/8 plug(s) from old pinblock stock and insert to the bottom of the hole
first coating the hole/plug with a tiny bit of glue.........   fill the hole
until the plug sits flush with the pinblock top..........After the glue sits up
drill an appropiate size for for whatever tuning pin size you are going to
use........ Of course the same repair may be done without the plate installed
but I would wait until the plate is installed before drilling the new tuning pin
hole.
jim bryant (FL)