PVC-E glue and Keytops

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Sat May 20 17:12:06 MDT 2006

Hi List,

It looks as though one piece ivory keytops may be more a feature  of  piano
manufacture for the European market.  Amongst the pianos in  my care which have
one piece ivory, I currently have 4 Bosendorfers, a  Yamaha CF111,   2
Danemann grands, and the (very poor) 1974  Broadwood  from which I am hoping to
salvage the keytops.

My first inclination for removing modern plastic was the hot iron  method
etc., but I was wondering if anyone had any experience of a solvent  as well.

ric