Renner hammers

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Sun May 21 12:51:59 MDT 2006

>  Still some filing reduces the shoulder width & points up the strike point.
> I'm concerned about the longevity & how many filings a tech could get should
> get from a set of hammers.  I usually figure one heavy filing & the hammers
> are done due to regulation requirements. Two light ones & your done. Know what
> I mean?
>   However when a hammer is showing this much true resilience, felt cutting by
> strings  is minimized & hammer life is extended considerably even in heavy use
> situations & Voicing stability also makes our lives easier & the tonal
> benefits are huge.

My brother---I¹ve been putting Renner sets on actions for a long time, and
have many Renner sets in heavy use situations; because the felt is, as you
say, good and resilient, I¹ve had tremendous results vis a vis longevity and
holding tone.

You¹ve assessed the situation correctly‹the softer the Renner set, the
better they are; this new AA Wurzen felt is ROCKIN¹.

David A.