Wippen Fixen

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Mon May 22 19:37:36 MDT 2006

I need to use a little thingy I've been carrying in my truck for years .. but I'm not sure how.

The item is the Penisten Whippen Repair Pin (Schaff p99, item 298). The wip broke right at the hole on one side.

The device is twice as thick at the bottom (where the pin is imbedded) as it is at the top (where the screw goes). So, apparently, you have to slice of some of the surviving side of the wip to accomodate this "step" of thickness. Is that right?

2nd question: Unlike the catalog picture, this wip mounts the sticker directly in line with the jack flange, so the repair pin thingy will have to be angled or the jack flange interferes. Is that common, too?

I guess I'd just like to hear from someone who's actually used this thing.

BTW, no need to comment on replacing the wippen, etc., circumstances make this repair (assuming I can make it work) the best option.

Thanks, folks.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri