What would you do? Ethical questions.

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue May 23 09:12:43 MDT 2006

I agree. If I miss an appointment - it does happen about once per year (I take notes in shop and don't get it onto the schedule on my computer) for me - or if I have to reschedule because of a conflict that develops, I bend over backwards to accommodate their schedule, rather than discount my services. It may mean a drive across town for one tuning, but I figure it was my fault.

And yes, it sounds like she did not get proper information regarding the tuning schedule for a new piano. I tell people with new pianos that most will need 2 to 4 tunings the first year - every piano is different - some may even need more. This also sounds like it could be a climate situation also - the owner needs to be educated on the effects on climate changes and remedies.

Terry Farrell