Multiple tool kits

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Wed May 24 07:28:29 MDT 2006

Greetings,

          Yes. This is a controversial and preference thing. I am in business
3 years. I started out with one bag, carrying almost EVrything. After a year
or so of this, I separated into 2 bags one for tuning and comon repairs and
another for stringing, regulating and center pinning. Now with my newest
addition, which is a liquid/solvents bag, it is 3 bags:

one bag for tuning and common fixes - pen, pencil, bus cards, invoices, sm.
pad of notepaper, tuning hammer, fork, mutes, tweezers, telescope extension
magnet, long and short slotted screw drivers, one long long action driver, one
phillips driver, a rag, sm.Elmers wood glue, sm. Elmer's PVC-E glue, sm. CA
glue, very small vial WD40, sm bot alcohol solution, medical syringe, sm tube
lanolin, voicing tool in a wallet that has ultra small driver & needles, wire
cutter, 2 types capstan wrenches, comb handlew/ let-off tip &, pin straightening
tip,  key easing tool, awl, small files, sandpaper, masking tape, and flash
light, furniture pen (med dark), pair of magnifier glasses, needle nose pliers
and needle nose vice grips, about 20 clamp clothes pins, a small 2" x 3" x 6"
box of just a few sundries (felt pcs/toothpicks/sm. springs/copper
wire/popscicle sticks/sm pcs. sheet metal/action screws/wood shim veneer/razor blade/felt &
card board punchings)  and last but not least, 2 pristeen, white washcloths
for putting between the raised lid of piano and the customer's wall.

one bag for deep regulation and stringing - comb. handle, regulation tips,
box of diff sized punchings saw, strings,  stringing tools, drill bits, fine
drivers, rulers, micrometer, center pins & pinning tools. hammer but remover.
pliers, hammers.

and one bag for solvents/liquids more glues, lacquer solutions etc

in the trunk forever: small vac w/ all attatchments, 2 wooden blocks, clean
bed sheet, more clean rags, pledge dusting wipes, box of old upright parts (for
klunkers)...(stickers/wippens/hammer heads etc) and a plastic compartmented
box of newer stuff like various sized screws, desk knob pairs, rubber buttons,
flanges, more felt pcs., bridle tapes, sm. washers, lock washers, bridge pins
etc.

THe only reason I give you a blow by blow of whats in the bag, is because, it
is difficult to not carry much in a "common fixes" bag, and help you decide
on the presonal preference issues of what to carry. What you decide to run to
the car for is a personal preference. I hate running out to the car for small
stuff so I carry all that stuff in my "tuning" bag.

Hope this helps;
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA

In a message dated 5/19/2006 12:12:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,