appraisal Kawai GE-2

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed May 24 12:11:28 MDT 2006

<<  Any thoughts on the value of a Kawai GE-2?

  Not sure of the exact age of the piano, but it's about 10 years old, maybe
a bit more.  Cabinet (high-gloss ebony) in perfect condition, owned by a piano
teacher, so it's had it's share of use.  I've resurfaced the hammers and
voiced the piano, done some regulation work on it, so it's as good as it's going
to get.  (I say that only because octave 5 seems awfully weak, sustain-wise, >>

I would take a guess that it will bring $ 4500,  maybe a little more.  This
seems to be a market-driven size, and there are lots of pianos out there in
this range.  $ 5,000 seems to be a breakpoint in the used piano market.

Ed Foote RPT