Why I'm leaving this site-rebuttal (decent mail application...)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu May 25 03:25:06 MDT 2006

At 03:25 5/25/2006, you wrote:
>Steve Borgstrom wrote :
> > Get a decent mail application that organizes email into threads where
> > you can delete a whole thread if you want.
>
>Which do you call "a decent mail application" ? give us names... ;-)
>and why do you call it decent ? what can you do that you can't with wich
>other ?
>
>Philippe Errembault

I think that most mailers have a filter option. I use Eudora, which
has an effective filter, even in the "Light" [a.k.a. cheapskate]
version. I know also that Hotmail has one, though I don't really use
the filters very much on either one, other than for known junk mail
cues and certain persona non grata.

Over the years I've gotten pretty good at the mega delete - after
reviewing the list of new messages and deleting _unread_ those
obvious junk messages which slip through.  Then I go into speed
reading/skimming mode with the cursor hovering above the delete icon.

I'm on 5 or 6 maillists and average 100-125/day. If I'm going away
for more than a weekend (i.e. vacation/convention), I either
unsubscribe tmporarily from those lists or go to Nomail option.

Conrad Hoffsommer
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.