Clicking drop screws on a new Steinway

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu May 25 21:21:31 MDT 2006

No, I'm not sure.  I tried to isolate it and it was difficult to tell.  How
is it that the knuckles click and what is the remedy?  I did test them to
see if they were loose, they weren't.  The drop screws, on the other hand,
were loose enough you could spin them easily with your fingers.

Re your other message, it is disturbing (actually the piano costs $70,000).
The shanks require repining (all of them were way too loose), and many jacks
required easing as they were too tight.  It's why I've given up on their
parts.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net