Tool case: Big House, vertical tool and liquid storage

Greg Graham grahampianos at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 21:34:43 MDT 2006

I have been using the "Big House" for about 6 months,
and like it more now than the first week. It took some
time to get used to a wide bag after using an attache
for a couple years.

Key elements:

1.  Vertical tool storage:  I was tired of digging for
commonly used tools.  Now I reach for what I want with
one hand, use the tool, and drop it back where it
belongs, rather than on the floor or piano.
Lesser-used tools can get lost in pockets, especially
small tools, so I still have a couple tool rolls
tucked in there.

2.  Room for vertical storage of liquids:  Hypo
oilers, glue bottles, etc, stand up nicely on one side
of the bag.  A TIP:  I used a box that business cards
came in as a bottle organizer.  It fits the Big House
very well.  I used to carry an insulated soft-side
lunch box for my liquids.  Now I carry only one bag.
Tools on one side, liquids and clipboard/files on the
other.

3.  Price.  Very good bag for the money.

4.  Appearance:  I was thinking about the Vito Propack
(attracted to the vertical storage), but it looks like
something a carpenter would carry.  The "Big House" is
sleek for its size, and all black.  It does not look
out of place when I'm in my business suit or Tux.

5.  Did I mention price?

It isn't perfect, mind you, but I've worked around the
few limitations and like it more each day.

Greg Graham
Brodheadsville, PA

Pat wrote:
>>Someone on this list suggested we look at a tool
case from Duluth Traders, called the Big House. .... I
am really pleased to find such a good tool kit for a
very reasonable price.

  Pat Mihlfeld
  Farmington, MO