yellow pages ad

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 26 06:49:39 MDT 2006

Greg,
Old professionals have made clear to me that any
investment in adds in the yellow pages is money
wasted.  I tried and found out the same
thing.  Having your number there in the relevant
sections takes care of your customers that lose
your contact info.  "Large adds are a sign of
someone in trouble.." to quote one mentor.  It
all comes down to word-of-mouth.  Ask each of
your customers for referrals.  It works every
time.  After giving out their friends names they
call their friends with a heads-up even before
you call and often the friends call you
first.  Of-course it follows that your quality of
work is your best advertising and if it is doubtful you won't get references.

Andrew Anderson