yellow pages ad/Dr. Sivik

Dave Davis davistunes at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 20:52:55 MDT 2006

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net wrote:

I think people who use the Yellow Pages generally take the first guy they talk to.  If you're not in, they'll call the next guy in the book.  So, returning the call two hours later would be one hour and 45 minutes too late.  I think that's one of the reasons my business has increased due to my wife being home answering the phone all the time.  We don't lose any calls any more.
 Tom

Tom,
I have to agree. For several years I was the third listing down, and got only an occasional call. I was comparing notes with the number one guy, and he could count on 10 new customers a month. This year I spent a few extra dollars for the number one spot, and I've added at least 10 customers a month. The other factor is the website, customers look in the yellow pages, look at the website, then e-mail or call. And, yes, people want a live body to talk to, not an answering machinel

I strongly disagree with the comments from others that yellow pages are a waste of money. (I just checked, and I'm not in trouble or going out of business any time soon.) It costs something, but most things that are worthwhile do. I look at it as an opportunity to represent a reputable business where sometimes not-so-reputable people hang out.
JMHO,
Dave Davis, RPT