blown out bridge pin

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 27 03:44:25 MDT 2006

Is it a problem? Does the note sound bad (relative to the others, of
course)? Is the piano worth fixing?

I have left many a severely cracked bass bridge just the way they were after
advising the owner of the condition. Often the piano doesn't sound any worse
for the condition. I do tell the owner that such a condition may cause
tuning instability. But if it doesn't, who cares on a piano that is only
worth $50 or so?

Terry Farrell