blown out bridge pin

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 27 10:59:13 MDT 2006

Okay, gotcha. You know, I have noticed many times when a plain-wire string
that is shared by two notes breaks - the slight loss in volume is no more
noticable than the uneveness in volume/tone of the rest of the piano (keep
in mind, we are talking spinet here....). If budget is a significant factor
here, I think that you have come up with the best solution by far. I'd tell
'em that they will barely be able to tell any difference in volume, and they
should put the $50 or more than they will be saving into the new piano fund.

Terry Farrell