yellow pages ad/James

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Mon May 29 08:59:25 MDT 2006

In a message dated 5/29/2006 7:04:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
deanmay at pianorebuilders.com writes:
Going from a one man operation to having an employee adds a huge amount of
paper work, withholding forms, etc. with associated penalties if you don’t get
everything just right. DAMHIK. That’s a lot of work and risk for $400.
It sure is, and in addition, if you are going to conform to the law, you are
subject to Workers' Comp insurance, must post all sorts of advisories on your
wall, have (and document!!) safety meetings for OSHA, and file more quarterly
reports (as Dean said). It definitely isn't worth it, and we no longer have
employees because of it.

My wife works full-time as a rebuilder. We have set up as a partnership,
which requires almost no extra paperwork. I does not shelter us from liability
like a corporation does, though, so we have to keep our fingers crossed that no
one will sue us. Sigh.

Bob Davis