Tuning fluxuations

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Tue May 30 18:56:43 MDT 2006

Hello Michelle,

The words of wisdom are:  Dampp Chaser.

By installing even just the dehumidifier rods with humidistat you
probably would prevent these inconveniences of pitch raising-lowering.
If the pitch varies this much, remember it is the soundboard swelling
and drying. On the long run, this is big trouble.

To answer your question, you probably could just lower the tenor to A-4.
Usually the tenor will move more. Also the first few notes of the
treble. If it was my piano, I'd probably tune it to the bass that
doesn't move much.

Just my 2 canadian pennies (worth almost 2 US cents) <G>

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC