Tuning fluxuations

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 20:13:40 MDT 2006

Hi Michelle,

The instrument will last a whole bunch longer if you control humidity. Have
a look at my web article called "Fine Tuning the Environment for Pianos".

If I were the proud owner of such an expensive piano my very first task
would be to add a full humidity control system including a bottom cover and
an Edward's string cover.

At 07:25 PM 5/30/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>            We’  This wouldn’t be a problem except that I have
>a flute student who can’  I’m probably going to retune the
>piano because I don’  (I hate to mess up an otherwise good tuning
>that was done by someone far more experienced than myself.)       When you
>come to a piano that is sharp this time of year, do you try to lower the
>pitch to A440 knowing that it will probably drop significantly when the
>heat is turned back on in the winter?     Thanks for your words of wisdom.
>   Michelle Smith

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner