Verdigris on Bass Strings & Hammer Heads

Gordon Holley gwholley at hi-techhousing.com
Wed May 31 10:21:20 MDT 2006

List.  What cleaner works best on removing verdigris from bass strings (grand), at the strike point,
and the crud is also on the hammer heads.  I looked through all my filed list discussions on the
subject and could not find "for bass strings".  Don't want to ruin the copper.
Did find suggestions on using brake cleaner and starter fluid, but would appreciate a sure thing
on this question.
Many thanks up-front.
Gordon Holley
Goshen, Indiana