Verdigris on Bass Strings & Hammer Heads

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed May 31 11:50:56 MDT 2006

Hi Conrad,
And the reshaping or filing of hammers.
If the piano were mine to try and there was the understanding that what we
are about to try was experimental I would use Goose Juice to clean the
strings, using a white Scotch Pad ( the finest ) and reshape the hammers so
that there is minimal re-contamination. The best route however IMHO, would
be to replace both hammers and strings.
Something in the air or in the felt has caused a chemical reaction with the
copper.
On some local farms near here there is so much sulfur in the water, so that
if the house is air tight, the strings turn black at the strike point.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com