Steinway S

Bec and John Silva bjsilva001 at comcast.net
Wed May 31 13:33:58 MDT 2006

Hi Tom,

Well, this university is one of the "All Steinway" schools. I'm sure
plenty of you probably find that objectionable, but I personally
found the general feeling around the University as a result to be
very good. Not snobby, but pleased and enthusiastic.

Apparently they hired Franz Mohr to (among other things) set up the
model B which is used for performance and also the head piano
teacher's piano (not sure which model). I did fiddle with the B and
was surprised just how normal it felt and sounded - I guess I was
expecting it to be totally unique. It did sound very nice,
particularly for the hall it is in.

- John