Inventory

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 20:50:34 MDT 2006

Daniel asked: "hi list
i'm wanting to start keeping track of my inventory for tax purposes. the
only hangup i'm having though is how to keep track of stuff like piano wire.
how do i know exactly how much i have now and how in the heck do i keep
track of what i use? do i have to measure each piece of wire i cut and write
it down along with the size of wire every single time i change a string? and
what about glue and other supplies like that?"

Daniel,
There is a fairly simple way to figure how much wire you have left in a "roll". There is/was a chart in APSCO that said how many feet were in a 1 Pound Roll. When you get a new roll, weigh it....do the math. After each use, weigh it. If you use the canisters, as I do, you have to Tare the cannister weight. I use an olde postal scale, adjustable. However you could use one of them new fangled electronic scales that will allow you to Tare the "Brake" or the Cannister or whatever. K?

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I